Save your toilet paper rolls and create these cute little bats in a few easy steps.
Time: 5 minutes per bat
- Fold in one half of the top of the toilet paper roll, then the other half, overlapping the previous fold to create the ears; if needed, glue the fold to help keep its shape
- Draw on a face
- Draw and cut out wings using thick paper
- Fold the inside of the wing and glue or tape it to the toilet paper roll
- Adapted from MollyMoo Crafts mollymoocrafts.com/toilet-roll-bat-craft
Milk Jug Ghosts
Upcycle your old milk jugs for this illuminating craft!
Time: 5 minutes per jug
- Draw ghost eyes and mouth on a jug.
- Cut a hole in back of the milk jug.
- Place string lights inside the jug. Plug in and enjoy!
- Adapted from Mommy Greenest mommygreenest.com/easy-upcycled-
Mason Jar Monsters
No DIY list is complete without a Mason jar craft; create a variety of monsters and jack-o-lanterns with this craft!
Time: 30 minutes for multiple jars
- Cut tissue paper into strips, roughly 1 to 2 inches wide and 4 inches long.
- Brush Mod Podge in a thin layer on the outside of the jar, place the tissue paper and let dry. Repeat for each strip, overlapping edges as you go.
- Once the glue has dried, draw on faces. Cut the extra tissue paper from the top of the jar and screw on the lid.
- Drop in a tea-light or battery-operated candle through the top.
Optional: paint the lids black to complete the look.
Adapted from MyCraftSpot mycraftyspot.com/mason-jar-jack-o-lanterns
Alyssa Smith is a senior professional writing major looking to go into magazine publishing. She loves to cook and try new flavors for dishes. She wants to move to Chicago or Boston after graduation. Her greatest weakness is Bruegger’s Bagels.