Spread the love
To celebrate March as Women’s History Month, we are showcasing the women in sports on the Michigan State University (MSU) campus. Across the court, field and dance floor, women are changing the game. For example:
- Hannah Jung, a fullback on the MSU women’s rugby team, was invited to join the USA Rugby’s Women’s D1 All-Championship Series Team.
- Maddie Haggerty was named Most Valuable Player at the annual volleyball banquet in January.
- Junior Sarah McLean was chosen from 21 volleyball athletes for the College Sports Information Directors of America Google Cloud Academic All-America Team.
- Both MSU’s cheerleading and dance teams went to nationals in January.
- Nia Clouden of the basketball team beat the previous rebound record with nine rebounds in a game.
- Freshman Charla Echols of the MSU softball team was selected for the 2019 Junior National Training Team by USA Softball.
- Sophomore Sophia Franklin set a new a track and field record by breaking the school’s pole vault height at 4.18 meters.