Since the dawn of time, a simple question has divided peanut butter lovers: chunky or smooth? However, these debaters have left out the important and delicious category of freshly ground peanut butter. Grinding your own peanut butter has become an option at stores across town like Horrocks and Whole Foods. In addition to being delicious, ground peanut butter has some serious health benefits.
Because this peanut butter is made of 100 percent peanuts, you can get the same taste without the extra oils and preservatives some store brands can have. In honor of November being Peanut Butter Lovers Month, put your taste buds to the test and treat yourself with this amazing peanut butter bar recipe. Whether you use chunky, smooth or freshly ground peanut butter, all can agree that there is no wrong way to enjoy this timeless snack.
What you’ll need
- 2 cups, butter (melted)
- 2 cups, crushed graham cracker
- 2 cups, confectioners sugar
- 1 cup, peanut butter
- 1 ½ cup, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons, peanut butter
- 9×9 or 9×13 pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, graham crackers, confectioners sugar and peanut butter. Mix until ingredients are well-blended
- Pour mixture into greased pan
- In a separate bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave until melted — make sure to stir occasionally
- Pour the peanut butter in a greased pan. Spread evenly across the pan. Add the chocolate mixture and spread evenly on top
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Cut into squares and serve